Sunday, February 1, 2015

Meet the AEU Board

The AEU board has asked its members to write about their experience with and love of Ethical Culture. You've seen a few of these in WES Express. Here is the latest from Carol Bartell.


Why I am Involved with the AEU – Carol Bartell

I am Carol Bartell from the Ethical Society of St. Louis.  I am currently serving on the AEU Board and serve on the Personnel Committee and Leadership Committee.

I became involved with the AEU some 20 years ago as one of lay members of the Leadership Committee.  I was very impressed with this committee's organization and mission.  The committee consisted of five lay members and five professional Leaders. We were charged with overseeing the training of people who wanted to become Leaders in our Movement.

The Leadership Committee also provided programs and training for lay leaders.
It provides training for lay people to become Officiants if a Society had a need for them and supported the creation of the AEU Lay Leadership Summer
It was and still is a very productive committee.

Last year I returned to the Leadership Committee as Chair.  In this position, I have come to appreciate the support of our AEU staff.  Without them, I don't think I could serve effectively as Chair.  Without the financial support from the AEU, we could not train new Leaders for our movement.

That is why I contribute money annually to the AEU. I hope you will join me in supporting the AEU.

I believe that the AEU's programs and events make me realize that our Ethical Culture movement is larger than being a member of the St. Louis Society.


Carol Bartell

AEU Board Member

No comments:

Post a Comment